[IP] bruises

>nd has the
>most horrible bruise I've ever seen!  It's about the size of the palm
of my hand.

 I frequently get bruises and have attributed it to nicking a vein
when I insert the silhouette.  I insert them at about 10-15 degrees,
very shallow.   It works better for me that way.    My thighs seem
to bruise more easily.  Sometimes I get a good one on my
stomach and anytime I get a gusher or even a little geyser, I will
end up with a bruise.  Usually quarter or half dollar size. No biggie
for me.  Although my daughter makes sure my shorts cover them
all before I go out.   One time I put my sil in on the side of my
thigh, and went on my merry way to have lunch.  When I sat down
the shorts came up above the infusion sight and it was right out
there....Oh well, had a great lunch and paid it no mind.  The
bruises for me, are just a part of the diabetes, and my blood levels
are normal.  However, get your daughter checked just to be safe.
Bonnie Richardson - Hville, AL