[IP] Unbelievably no pump was best thing...

We went camping this weekend and my site konked out overnight (go figure it
wouldn't last me long enough) and so this morning I just took it out and went
on shots until I could get home and get reconnected.  In our rush, I didn't
get back on before we left home at 5pm, so I continued with the shots.  Well,
I'm thanking my lucky stars that my pump was not on because we had such
horrible service from the restaurant we had dinner at that I would have
bottomed out. But, because I wasn't on my pump, I went to take my insulin
before we were seated (I was a bit high) figuring the insulin would be
working fine by the time food got to the table.  With no basal running, I
figured no risk.  TWO HOURS later I hadn't gotten my food (only rolls at
table).  Well, between the stress and lack of basal, I wasn't bottomed out.
The way I figure things, if I had pulled that trick of taking my insulin
pre-meal with my pump, I never would have made it that long.  I guess small
miracles do happen when we most need them!

Tomorrow, their corporate office will be getting a seething letter from me
about how horrific their service was.  Ugh I'll never go back!!!

dx 3/13/81
pump 12/28/85