Re: [IP] I'm stumped

Thanks for all the suggestions. The more I think
about it, the more I believe that the best expla-
nation is "sometimes weird things just happen."
Maybe it was a fluke hormone surge, or something.

I'm virtually certain that it wasn't the protein,
because there were only about 3-4 ounces of calimari
in the salad, no more protein than I often have at
dinner. Besides, the first correction bolus was 5.5
hours later, and the second was 3 hours after that,
and neither seemed to do anything. I've had post-meal
highs from protein before, but never anything that
I couldn't successfully bolus down 5-8 hours after
the meal (or sooner). The only other times I've had
a really intractable high like this, it was after
a major pig out (such as Thanksgiving), with lots of
protein, fat, and masses of carbs; or when ill or
stressed out; or following a rebound. None of these
explanations fits what happened Friday night.

Must've been demons....

/Janet Lafler (and Castor & Pollux)