[IP] Eye Dilation

I also have this problem.  I schedule my 6 month checks with my opthamologist
and my retinologist on the same day, because they both require dilation.  I
see the opthamologist first.  Last week I mentioned my sensitivity to the
dilation drops to them--they said that I could request "light dilation" from
now on--meaning only one drop, instead of several at intervals.  Like you, I
feel most of the dilation occurs some hours after the drops.  One drop worked
fine for the first visit.  When I got to the retina doc three hours later, I
explained that I had already been dilated, and about the "light dilation."
One glance at my pupils determined that I was completely dilated-so no
further drop(s) was needed.
I have also heard that blue eyed persons are easier to dilate?  I have brown
eyes, which are quite sensitive to everything-sunlight especially, even when
NOT dilated.  I have had them use the "reversal" drops before after the
appointments, but they do not seem to speed up the process of reversal for
me.  I will say, that this time, with only one drop each eye, I was slightly
more comfortable than previous visits.
Hope this helps in some way.  Lisa

<< Thanks to everyone for their responses to my question about eyes staying
 dilated for a long time.  Sounds like a lot of us are bothered by  >>