  ----- Original Message -----
  From: email @ redacted

  I'm stumped. The original high was annoying, but that kind of thing has happened to me before. But I don't understand why my bg would not come down last night, despite repeated bolusing, and yet came down easily this morning. It's obviously not the site. I wonder if there really is something wrong with Pollux. After I disconnected, I checked to make sure that the insulin was flowing -- which it is, though of course there's no way to tell by looking whether it's dispensing the right amount of insulin.

  Oh, and I also checked my meter with testing solution.

  I guess I should call Disetronic, but I'm just won-
  dering if anyone here has any ideas, first. (Could
  it be a problem with the piston rod? Last time I
  ordered supplies from Disetronic, the customer rep mentioned that the piston rods need to be replaced every 3-6 months, which was the first I'd ever heard of it.)

  So, fellow pumpers, any thoughts?

  /Janet Lafler (and Castor & Pollux)