[IP] I'm stumped

Hi Janet,
    We're still kind of new to pumping, but since we are, I still test
Johnny at 12:00am and 3:00am because we're still checking out his basal
     If you don't normally check your blood at these times and just happened
to check last night, maybe you normally run high during this time period and
don't know it.  You may need to adjust your basal rate (don't forget you
have to set the basal in the time period 3 hours before you want to see the
     Just eat and bolus as you normally would and check you blood again
tonight at these times and see if you're high, if so, you may have to adjust
your basal rate.
     As I said, we're new to pumping, so this is just a thought.  Others may
have better ideas.
Dianne, Mom to Johnny 9