Re: [IP] Does this sound right?

Kelley,

Our 12 year old daughtet's training was similar  - the pump sales rep and a CDE
came to the house and we learned everything we needed to know in a couple
hours. Honestly, it was adequate. We learned how to set basals - at the next
doctor's appointment we learned how to test the basals and made some
adjustments. The original's were not that far off and after several weeks we
were pretty well set.

Our experience is that learning to use the pump in an afternoon is possible. We
can contact Animas or the doctor if we have problems. We have rarely needed to
do that.

Good luck. I suspect you will be fine. Just make sure you have phone numbers so
you can ask questions when you need to.

Kay