[IP] Difference in Meters

Hi Everyone,
    We just got back from diabetes camp in Ohio.  My son who's 9 went to
their the day camp. The mom's had fun shopping, laying around the pool at
the hotel and getting together for breakfast and lunch while the kids were
at camp. It was as much our vacation as theirs!

Anyway.... to get to what this e-mail was suppose to be about.  At camp a
representative for the Freestyle pump was there and gave every camper a free
meter and 50 strips.  When I got it all set up, I had my son take his next
reading using it. I also had him set up his Fast Take meter and take a
reading with it ( all from the same finger pick.)  There was a difference of
100 points!  The freestyle being lower.  We not only did this once but three
different times.  The next time it was only 30 points different and the
following time it was 120 points different! The freestyle always being
lower.  One of the other mom's there said she already had gotten  a
freestyle meter and stopped using it because her daughter said she felt low
and she took it with the Freestyle  and it said she was 120.  Her daughter
insisted that she really felt low so she took it with her acucheck meter
that she had been using before.  It read 48!  So she gave her glucose
tablets and she felt fine after.  So for her the Freestyle read HIGHER  than
her regular meter.  I liked the fact or getting a free meter ( they even
gave me one for school too), but I don't know if I can trust the readings
( I tested the strips before using them with the testing solution they
supplied and it showed that they were good)
    Has anyone who uses a Freestyle had any problems with them?
Dianne, Mom of Johnny 9