> I had an EKG done with the pump and no problems. Mine was laying
> beside me, though, next to my thigh if I remember correctly. Maybe
> it was just a fluke or operator malfunction??  If you are the
> worrying type, ask the doc to do another one sooner. :)

In one of my former lives I used to build EKG machines. They are very
sensitive and placing the pump on your chest amid the connection
electrodes could possibly generate enough EMI to alter the tracing as
you have described. Simply placing the pump elsewhere would solve the
problem -- i.e. along side you , in your hand, whatever. It is the
close proximity of the pump electronics to the pickup lead attachment
points that creates the problem.