Re: [IP] vitamin for numbness/neuropathy

In a message dated 7/27/01 8:50:48 PM !!!First Boot!!!, email @ redacted

<< Hi everyone, i was reading the posts about numbness feet and hands etc. i
 have neuropathy, and i use to get the numbness etc. but i have been taking a
 vitamin called alpha lipoic acid. its suppose to repair nerve damage or help
 repair it. it has done wonders for me. i take 100mg pills, 3 in the morning
 and 4 in the evening. >>
   My 15 year old son also takes 100 mg. of alpha lipoic acid plus 400 mg. of
Vitamin E daily.  He has been taking the alpha lipoic acid since a
conversation I had with a researcher who is studing lipoic acid and feels it
will prevent complications.  She told me that all diabetics should take
Vitamin E and lipoic acid.