I have a question for y'all....
I had a physical last week and it included an EKG short form, lying
on a table in doctor's office, half a dozen sensors attached to my
upper torso, in a lovely designer paper nightgown with front
fasteners.    My pump was just plopped in the middle of my chest
which seemed as good a place as any at the time. The Med
assistant hooked me up, checked all the sensors and the machine
said sensors correct.  Then she pushed the button to check heart
rate.   A strange set of marking appeared on the little sheet of
paper.   She said hummmmm, let's try that again, something is
wrong with the sensors, checked everything, pushed the button
and another strange set of markings appeared on the paper.  She
went out talked to the doc, came back tried if two more times and
finally said something is going wrong.  The doc came in and said
she could tell from working the two marked up papers that the
heart rate looked ok.   They were going to try it out on another
female patient and if it still malfunctioned, they would call the
manufacturer.   One half hour later as I was getting dressed to
leave, the Medical Assistant came in and said the other lady's test
went  perfectly.  They felt sure it had something to do with my
insulin pump.   I mean it has electronic circuitry, and it was sitting
on my chest amid the other sensors.  I never thought of it
interfering, but the EKG machine is very sensitive.   Doc said don't
worry about it, they would check me again next year with the pump

Has anyone else had any problems with EKGs, or was everyone
else smart enough to have pump a long way away from the

Bonnie Richardson
Huntsville, AL