Re: [IP] duration of eye dilation

Hi, I was on a study for a drug used for retanopathy(Tolrestat) a few years
ago and had to have my eyes dilated every 6 weeks for a couple of years.
Every other visit they would take app. 160 pictures of my retana. What a pain
in the _ _ _. They would give me drops before leaving that would shorten the
time they stayed dilated, but I always had to ask for them. If I forgot to
ask it would take all day with that wonderful feeling of vaseline in your eye
and not being able to focus(my eyes are dark brown). After the first few
trips I always remembered to ask. It would still take several hours. I was
told to get some cheap reading glasses and it would take care of the fuzzy
vision. 125 and 150 magnification worked great. I could see fine til the
drops wore off. I still go once a year and was told in March if I maintained
my to keep my sugars as they are (a1c-6.8) I should never have any problems
with the retanopathy advancing.
Jim Manns Dx'd 1979, and loving my new D-tron