Re: [IP] Does lack of sleep make your bg rise?

Here are some references on studies on sleep
deprivation and diabetes:

An article in The Lancet, Oct 23, 1999. I can't
find a page reference, but it's summarized here:

"Age-related changes in slow wave sleep and REM
sleep and relationship with growth hormone and
cortisol levels in healthy men"
JAMA, August 16, 2000;284:861-868
In the same issue there's an editorial commenting
on the study, pp 880-881
Results are summarized here:

Paper presented at the most recent ADA scientific
sessions, just a couple of weeks ago. Not yet published,
but summarized here:

Pretty interesting. I have to say that since I first
heard about this last summer, I've been chagrined to
realize how often I don't get my 8 hours. Sigh.

/Janet Lafler