Re: [IP] Philly lawsuit aims to save lives

  The lawsuit
> originates from a 1999 incident in which
> Philadelphia police personnel
> jeopardized the health of a person with diabetes in
> police custody by
> not providing him with basic medical care: access to
> food and insulin.
I've always had what I thought was an irrational fear
that this could happen and now I know I wasn't  being
too paranoid! My boyfriend is a homeless advocate, and
while I haven't ever been to a protest, I would think
twice about participating for this very reason.
Getting arrested and having to explain hypoglycemia to
a NYC lockup officer in a NYC holding cell during an
actual episode of hypoglycemia.....holy crap.
Good for Philly.

Do You Yahoo!?