[IP] beore IP

Wanted Ip for a while.  Doctor started process.  Insurance co would not
provide pump b/c doc is out of ntework.  Talked to someone at MM but they
offered no help.  Told to switch doc.  Reluctantly switched (been with same
dr for 20 years).  New doc wants me to change insulin form Nph and Log to
Lantis and Log to learn basal rate before on pump.  Why should I change for a
month or so.  Isn't it eay enough to find correct basl on pump?  What have
others done before going on pump?
        Thanks!  Tracy