Re: [IP] Help-No Coverage at new location

> Hi All,
> I've just been informed by my wonderful insurance (in California)
> that I will have NO COVERAGE when I take my new job in Vermont (even
> with COBRA).

If your new employer has medical benefits, you should be able to
switch without regard to pre-existing condition due to your present
coverage -- don't let it lapse. The present coverage has to let you
go out of network if they can not provide you with in-network
providers.

> There are no network providers in the area. I can keep
> my 'scrip benefit, with a $100.00 deductible.  Here is the million
> dollar question:  Can I buy insulin over the counter in Vermont?

Why not use your current insurance mail-order provider??

Anything except Novolog or Humalog which aren't really insulin but
insulin analogs, can be purchased over the counter.

Michael
 or