[IP] How best to deal with perimenopause with pump??

Before my perimenopause, I had to adjust my basals
during the week just before my period.  I would start
to run high BGs, and did not know why.  I finally
realized the pattern, and just began automatically
increasing my basals (.1 across the board) during that
particular week.
Now that my cycle is not as predictable, when I have a
whole day of unexpected highs, I change my site (as I
always would), but pay special attention to see if I
am high again the next day.  If I am, I just bump my
basals up and keep them bumped up until my period
I prefer to avoid HRT as long as I can.
Hope this helps,
age 51
Pumping almost 6 years.