[IP] Re: Glucose meter coding

In a message dated 7/25/01 9:35:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 Did anyone ever do this and with the wrong code how much is the reading off
 by?  I used a one touch profile.  Why can't they make the machines read the
 code itself or tell you that the strip does not match the code with the
 machine.  I know I can open another bottle but then I hate to just throw
 away 35 - now 20 strips.
This is frustrating!  Every box of One touch Ultra strips we buy seems to
have a different code.  I like to leave a bottle upstairs for middle of night
tests, one in the carry case to take out with us and one handy in the
kitchen.  But then I have to go around and check all places when we are
running low to use up all the same codes. Until recently we used the Elite
meter, which has the code on every strip and the boxes all seemed to have the
same code for months on end.  And the Dex meter reads the code itself,
(however, we found the Dex took too large a blood sample).

You could try phoning the company and see if they can offer any suggestion.
They will probably just tell you to throw them away, that you will get
inaccurate readings.  But they might have an idea of how much off the wrongly
coded strips will read.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7