Re: [IP] Insulin Stability

Peter wrote:
Since I began pumping I have filled several reservoirs with 325 units of
humilog and stored in the door of my refrigerator where the temp is in the
40 F range.  I typically fill about a months worth of reservoirs, and in 3
months of pumping, I have not noticed any loss of potency.
I know this not scientific data on the stability of Humalog, but hopefully
it will give you some idea of my experience with it.
I recently wrote to the list about this subject because my supplier told me
that you CAN NOT prefill plastic cartridges because it would cause the
humalog to lose potency.  I have never noticed any of this and I still
continue to do so.  I would think that if there was a problem with the
plastic they would not even offer plastic to use then.

Sheila Morris