[IP] ace inhibitors

Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:44:17 -0500
From: "Teresa Broullire" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] ace inhibitors

hello everyone I am new to the site and posting.. I am on the digest so
e-mail privately.
I have a question on Ace inhibitors..
My doctor wants me to see an endo and talk about Ace inhibitors.  all the
testing show I do not need them.. I have been diabetic for 29 years and NO
complications.. Just want to know more about this prevention  before I have
appt. with the endo.. hope I am making sence.
you make sense but the topic is contested. many physicians feel ace inhibitors
are not needed but there are others who feel kidney disease will be delayed or
mitigated by them you should not assume you dont need them first but see what
the endo thinks or a nephrologist. familiarize yourself with the hope study.