: [IP] re: When to Test for Ketones

: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] re: When to Test for Ketones

I have yet to measure for ketones and have a color change on the ketostix.  I
even got a new bottle just to make sure they weren't outdated.  I was 454
yesterday after eating a strombolli (mushrooms and green pepper yum!) and
still had no ketones.  A whole lot more carbs in it there a bolused for.  I've
had one incident of DKA and I was spilling them then but that was the only
incident.  Maybe I'm not the only one, after all.

don't look a gift horse in the mouth and don't look for ketones. dka is
serious and could be fatal. don't stir the behive spot