Re: [IP] giving back used pumps (was:Selling medical equipment)

> I don't understand how they can make you give back your pump- you
> bought it, or your insurance company bought it, and you pay them so
> it's almost the same.  Is your insurance company making you give it
> back?  Maybe they get a discount on the new one if you do.  Mine
> didn't even seem to realize that I had a pump to begin with. They
> are really not with it.

They take the pump back instead of making you pay the insurance
co-pay. It's really a gift of money from them to you since they have
no use for the used pump. That technically meets the requirement of
their insurance contract not to discount the pump below the "contract