From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of catherine popper
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 11:46 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] re: When to Test for Ketones

I understand - that's what I was always told, but I
think it's excessive. One out of every 6 or 7 of my
infusion sites doesn't work. So my BG goes to 300,400
and I figure out what's going on. So I change the site
and depending on my level of panic, give myself an
injection. If my BG is on the way down, why check for
ketones? Or if you ate pizza and your BG is 250
afterward, why check for ketones? Though I appreciate
the responses I've received, no one has answered my
question which involves more  than the standard "when
BG are >240" textbook answer.