[IP] Heartburn related to high BG?

I think someone touched on this topic the other day...  But, can high blood
sugars cause heartburn?  I have noticed that if I have had a series of high
readings, I experience terrible heartburn.  I know the acid levels in the body
are higher with a high BG, but can this mimic the same feelings?  Last summer
this was so bad for me I went to see my Dr. , but she acted like it was
stress--  I had had intense heartburn ( which was very unusual for me) for a
good week or more before I went to see my family Dr.  she gave me an Rx for
aciphex, and a couple days later I was fine.

Angie (23 yrs old)
dx 94' age 16
pumping since Dec 99'
MM 508