[IP] Re: Donating blood

Awhile back we had a discussion about why people with diabetes could donate
blood in some states and not others.  I gave blood in Maine yesterday through
the Red Cross and asked that question.  The nurse explained that the RC
policy is nationwide and that anyone with diabetes can give blood (barring
problems in other areas that negate donation) anywhere and anytime through
the Red Cross.  I hadn't known there are many other institutions and agencies
that sponsor blood drives and these can and do set their own standards.
Another day of learning for me.  Jill T