[IP] Re: One Touch Ultra

In a message dated 7/22/01 10:17:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
 This isn't always true.
 I tried calling and getting them to send a free meter and they said NO WAY!!
 If you do buy one and have a one touch trade in you can get all your money
 back in rebates though>>

It seems that Lifescan is really pushing the One Touch Ultra meter here in
Canada.  I was told by the pump nurse to get a free one by trading in an old
meter--just took it to the pharmacy and the pharmacist called the company to
verify this.

Now on their web page they are offering free Ultra meters to any Canadian who
wants one.  We really like our Ultra and have been recommending it to the
other mums and kids we meet.  I think they have a chance of taking a really
big share of the Canadian market for strips with this meter.  (No Freestyle
here yet).  Pharmacist told me this week, when I went in to buy 400 strips,
that he had just got them in after a bit of a wait.  So I hope with all the
free meters they are giving away here that they keep the strip production up
to match demand.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7