[IP] First Trip with Pump

I'm sure this has been covered many times, but I could sure use some
tips on travel with the pump.  Will be heading to San Diego in
September, and hopefully spending a lot of time on the beach and at the
pool and hot tub.
Of course, I have no clue what to do with the pump--leave it off and
take injections?  If I go to injections how do I know how much and when
to take it?
Also the usual question about metal detectors at the airport.
This will be my first use of Novolog on a trip too, so it is more rapid
acting than I am used to, and therefore will also run out more quickly.
Thanks for any tips.
Did cover one base--got a waterproof case so I can sit in the splash
zone at Sea World.