Re: [IP] re: 504 plan

As a teacher as a well as a pumper, I can not emphasize the importance of
making yourself heard loud and clear of your child's needs.  With seeing 75
kids a day, it can be very easy to tell a child "just a minute" when he/she
says they don't feel "right."  It's very obvious when an physically
challenged child needs help but as we all know, people don't always realize
when a diabetic says they need something....that means now.  Be it bathroom
(can't stand the idea of a group bathroom break even for "normal" kidsl),
water, or a break from PE class.  You may feel like you're being a pain in
the butt parent but believe me, you need to be constantly educating everybody
in your child's school.  I don't consider it being nosy, or pushy.  I
consider it being a loving parent.  The more any of my parents can tell me
about my kids, the better job I feel I can do as a teacher.  As I have said
in other posts, make sure even the pickest little thing goes on that 504 plan
and even spcific instructions with some glucose tablets and peanut butter
crackers for each teachers desk.   not for the teacher to
eat...LOL....Although, I did have to use one of my diabetic children's and
replace it the next morning.   With SO many meetings, its easy for everything
to run together.

Take care and let me know if I can be of any help.  I'm in Virginia.  Not
sure what state you're from

Ginger & Gizmo