[IP] amount of insulin to drop sugars

>My pump trainer (who is diabetic herself) mentioned a similar ratio.  She
suggested 1 unit for every 50 points over 150.  She called it a correction
bolus.  Sounds very similar.<

Boy is that low!  My endo told me that I should use 3.5 units for every 50
over 150!  Most of the time that works for me, sometimes though it will cause
a low.

By the way, I went to see him this week and my A1C was down to 7.6 from 8.8!
And that is from only being on the pump one month!  I was surprised that they
can now do that test in the office with a tiny drop of blood.  Sure beats
having it drawn from the vein.

Tina in NE Ohio
Dx'ed 1983, MM508 6-21-01