[IP] re: 504 plan

My dau. starts middle school this year, and I tried to submit my own 504,
which they denied.  Said they have to do the formal one, which school
districts have to do to comply with federal regulations.  They'll fill it out
and call me for an appointment with school staff and all her teachers.  The
district nurse does this (no nurses at schools in our county).  At that
meeting they will all be trained.  I did submit a list of things I want
stipulated, and she said no problem. (testing any time, cell phone, juice
corrections, etc.)  So, the short of it is the school district does the 504,
not you.  Of course, we, as parents, have the right to stipulate what we
want.  Holly