Re: [IP] Re: Ketones

email @ redacted writes:

<< My son has been a diabetic for 3 & 1/2 years.  During this time he has
never had ketones in his urine. >> Any comments?

My son gets ketones at the drop of a hat.  This was true for us before the
pump too.  We have never had expired test strips as we go through them way
too fast.  He has had ketones about 5 times since he went on the pump  March
30th.    Maybe it has something to do with his age (young) and size (thin).
Fortunately he can "drink them away" as fast as he gets them, but it means we
must be ever vigilant.  I sure envy you guys who never see them.

Mom of John,7, and Sparky (MM508)