Re: [IP] Emla Cream

In a message dated 7/20/2001 8:56:25 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I have a question for those of you who use emla cream on your children.
 Have you ever tried the disk instead of the cream?  I am having a hard time
 keeping the cream in one place under the tape it smooths out then does not
 work vety well.   >>

Hi Connie,
We haven't tried the disk but have been reliably successful with the emla.
Through trial and error we have found the best approach is a nickle size glop
right where we want the site.  We put two inch paper tape over this and it
spreads out just right from the pressure of the tape (we don't spread it out
before the tape application).  It works for my 7 year old who uses sils.  Oh
yeah -we always fold a bit of the tape for easy removal.

Joy, Mom of John,pumping since 3-30-01