[IP] Re: Ketones

My son has been a diabetic for 3 & 1/2 years.  During this time he has never had ketones in his urine.  I have made him test after long periods of high sugar readings but his strip always reads no ketones.  We get a new bottle every year and throw away the old one so I think the strips are OK.  I'm not looking for trouble  but it does seem weird that he has never tested positive for Ketones.  Any comments?

Janet In Ohio
son Kevin- MM508 1/00