Re: [IP] Anyone Hae Delayed Response to Humalog?

In a message dated 7/20/01 12:29:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I have noticed an intermittent delayed response to Humalog very similar
> to what you described (peak at 4 hours rather than the normal 1 hour).

If you read the Pumping Insulin book, it states that over at least three
hours, Humalog is absorbed equivocally at approximately 30% EACH HOUR.  If
the effect of Humalog on you lasts for four hours as it does me, my lowest
sugar after a bolus is at 3-4 hours, thus I may consider that my peak.  I
don't know what part of Humalog is considered a peak at one hour because I
always think of it when I'm at my lowest.  Perhaps it's the half-life they
are talking about???