Re: [IP] re: When to Test for Ketones

In a message dated 7/20/01 10:13:36 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> It is odd to me that he has never had them, but
> his endo says to be glad about it, and we are.
Like I said, if there is insulin in the body and your sugar is just high, you
have a less chance of developing ketones than if your pump fails, etc, and
you don't get any insulin.  That's how I got ketones in 4 hours.....
otherwise it takes forever for me to get them no matter how high my sugar
is!!  YMMV!