[IP] Numbness in feet

>>> I have been having those pains for about 8 years, and know exactly where
you're coming from.  <snip> I guess I can bear it, if I know I can keep my
feet.  I'm worried that after many years of being a brittle diabetic, losing
my limbs is a strong possibility. I'm hoping I started the pump in time. Ellie

The trigger that flipped my switch to try pumping 18 years ago was my fear of
losing my feet. I took naps to escape the pain. I was miserable. In the
meantime, I had switched to an endo who Rx'd 4 diff. meds for me to relieve
the pain. We hit on the last one - 4 Dilantin a day to increase the
circulation to my feet. Dilantin increases the blood flow to the brain to
alleviate epileptic seizures, so why not the feet? I also took 300 mg. of B6 a
day. Gradually, over time, I now take no Dilantin and 200 mg. B6 a day. There
are newer meds out since 18 years ago for neuropathy. Ask your endo for the
*right* one. It may be trial and error at first. Some of the meds take a bit
of time to take affect. Some of them put me to sleep immediately so I knew
they weren't the ones.  YMMV  (~_^)

Patients can live with the word "incurable" but they can't live without the
word "HOPE"