Re: [IP] OneTouch Ultra

In a message dated 7/19/01 11:47:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Feel free to email me
> personally as I am considering getting one of these meters but am reluctant
> to spend the money until I have some testimonials.

Oh dear, you should NEVER have to buy a meter, especially if you test a lot
like we do with our pumps! Call Lifescan and tell them you test 10-12x/day
(or however many times) and tell them you heard about their meter and your
insurance covers the strips so you want to know if there is any way you can
"try" their meter.  They will be MORE THAN HAPPY to send you one for FREE
because they know you will be buying the strips!
I too used to buy my meters.......now I have probably every meter ever made
and got them all complimentary.  And NO, I am NOT trying to cheat anyone!  A
lot of us do this and believe me, the meter companies do not mind giving out
a meter in exchange for your buying their strips!!
Give Lifescan a call and Therasense too.....they make the FreeStyle (if you
haven't already tried it)......