<<Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:56:00 -0700
From: Jennifer Sutherland <email @ redacted>
Subject: Fw: [IP] Domestic Dist...

One thing I discovered while wearing the CGMS last
year was that I have a tendency to bolus
overanxiously.  I got a result of 91 in the
supermarket and on the way home, some jerk almost
drove us off the road, and I got home to read 300+ on
my meter.  Thinking 'stress', I bolused and ate lunch
anyway. Bottomed out 1 hour later.

The CGMS graph two days later showed that I was
bolusing when the BGs were on their way DOWN (Many
times, not just that once).  I was also, NOT
300+, but acc. to the CGMS, was closer to 142.  No
wonder I 'bottomed out'that afternoon. Sometimes
meters and strips will not read right.

>From that time onward, I was advised when facing a
high, to wait a bit and test again to see which way
I'm going. This will now in 85% of *my* cases,
avoid any hypos due to overcorrection.>>

Do You Yahoo!?