[IP] Domestic Dist...

One thing I discovered while wearing the CGMS last year was that I have a
tendency to bolus overanxiously.  I got a result of 91 in the supermarket
and on the way home, some jerk almost drove us off the road, and I got home
to read 300+ on my meter.  Thinking 'stress', I bolused and ate lunch
anyway. Bottomed out 1 hour later.

The CGMS graph two days later showed that I was bolusing when the BGs were
on their way DOWN (Many times, not just that once).  I was also, NOT 300+,
but acc. to the CGMS, was closer to 142.  No wonder I 'bottomed out' that
afternoon. Sometimes meters and strips will not read right.

>From that time onward, I was advised when facing a high, to wait a bit and
test again to see which way I'm going. This will now in 85% of *my* cases,
avoid any hypos due to overcorrection.

Maybe she wanted sleep, but *I* would next time, test, feed the babe, Then
test again to see which way it's going. Up, bolus. If on the way down, I
would do nothing at all but go back to bed. :)

Jenny Sutherland