Re: [IP] Carbs to Raising Glucose Ratio

In a message dated 7/19/01 9:26:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> For me it just does not make sense, because if the same unit of insulin
> lowers you with that particular amount, and the same unit also covers X
> amount of carbs, it means that X amount of carbs would have raised your BG
> by X points without the insulin, am I going wrong somewhere?

I used to wrack my brain on this one!!  I think the EXACT same way you do and
it makes TOTAL sense to me!  I remember I used to drive and think about this
and I would get so dang frustrated like I felt I wanted to ram into someone's
car (of course I didn't...I'm just crazy like that....LOL)  Anyway, in a
sense it kind of works out that way, but as we know, there are
variations...... and exceptions.  Cause you know what?  YMMV!!
hehehehe...... I'm in a goofy mood today; can you tell?