Re: [IP] Carbs to Raising Glucose Ratio

At 10:05 AM 7/19/01 -0400, you wrote:
 >I am curious to know if there are any people on this list that followed the
 >HOWTO procedure to eat glucose to see hoe much the BG rose, and the results
 >should be different then when just dividing their point drop by their carb
 >For me it just does not make sense, because if the same unit of insulin
 >lowers you with that particular amount, and the same unit also covers X
 >amount of carbs, it means that X amount of carbs would have raised your BG
 >by X points without the insulin, am I going wrong somewhere?

This will work, assuming that your correction factor and carb to insulin
factor are accurate.  I prefer not to make such assumptions,  especially
since many new pumpers may not even know these numbers yet.  Hence I
suggested a procedure that directly measures the rise in bg with a known
amount of carbs.  It's simple and effective.