Re: [IP] Domestic Disturbances? (AM hypo): Breast feeding

According to the PI book, Ch 21, page 209 in 3rd edition..."If you are
breastfeeding your insulin requirements may be lower than before conception
because glucose is needed for breast milk.  Adjust your calories intake to
match the child's breastfeeding habits.  If the baby consumes most of its
calories at bedtime or in the middle of the night, you must do the same.
Many Type 1 women need only a low basal rate to cover eating in the evening
with this breastfeeding pattern."  I guess it is worth quoting PI if it helps
Sherry and any others out there who have not read this chapter.  I guess this
would also mean that if, in the middle of the night you are 170 or ANY number
DON'T bolus anything because breastfeeding will naturally bring your BGs down.

Good Luck Sherry.  Hope this helps!

mom to Joshua