Re: [IP] Carbs to Raising Glucose Ratio

>I am curious to know if there are any people on this list that followed the
>HOWTO procedure to eat glucose to see hoe much the BG rose, and the results
>should be different then when just dividing their point drop by their carb
>For me it just does not make sense, because if the same unit of insulin
>lowers you with that particular amount, and the same unit also covers X
>amount of carbs, it means that X amount of carbs would have raised your BG
>by X points without the insulin, am I going wrong somewhere?

No you are right. The numbers should be close to internally consistent. If
they are not then I would suspect some error with one of the measurements.
In which case you might want to repeat some of the measurements. If there
are still differences I would you the measured values rather than the
calculated ones.

In my cast the measured numbers are:

Carbohydrate Ratio:     9-10 g/unit
Insulin Sensitivity:    30 mg/dL/unit
Carbohydrate Sensitivity:       3.5-5.5 mg/dL/g

The calculated carbohydrate sensitivity (3.0-3.3 mg/dL/g) is somewhat lower
than what I actually measured but the measured value works well for me
(unless I am in a hurry)