Re: [IP] Carbs to Raising Glucose Ratio

Liz wrote:

<<<You can find instructions on how to calculate this on the IP website at

The guidelines given in John Walsh's "Pumping Insulin" book are good, but
they are only guidelines and may be wrong for many people.  This simple
test will tell you exactly how your body reacts to carbohydrates.>>

I am curious to know if there are any people on this list that followed the
HOWTO procedure to eat glucose to see hoe much the BG rose, and the results
should be different then when just dividing their point drop by their carb
For me it just does not make sense, because if the same unit of insulin
lowers you with that particular amount, and the same unit also covers X
amount of carbs, it means that X amount of carbs would have raised your BG
by X points without the insulin, am I going wrong somewhere?

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Friends with Diabetes - For Jewish people with Diabetes
email @ redacted
Join our discussion list at