[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #297

OK - Amyone had trouble with their 508?

Yeah, mine failed - I should have noticed it , but didnt untill the ER Doc
told me - this is Wrong; your pump is not working.  They (MM) sent me a
substitute, which has worked wihtout fail, but it will take 8 - 12 weeks to
repair mine.  I am wearing the substitute and changing sets regardlless, but
my endo has warned me.  My Pump was one month old when it failed - not even
old enough to be named!!  I test my bg 4 - 5 times per day.  When I called
my Doc and said it's just going up - it's over 500 now - she said go to the
ER right now!  Thank God for her!!!!  I continued to wear the ppump for 5
days, while they weere giving me NPH and Regular.  The injected insulin had
the effect.  The pump did nothiing.  Sorry - one  month old when it failed.
I was off work for  diabetes - my NIIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!