[IP] MD's who don't want to know PUMP

Hi all. Have been on the MiniMed508 for less than a month and I can say that
it has truly changed and given me a life. Never thought I would attach myself
to "something." After being insulin dependent (maybe 3-5 injections daily)
for 45-yrs., finally decided that people's frequent calls to the paramedics
kinda made me have to do something different. It's a miracle. Not one hypo in
all this time. Oh, well, unless I bolus for it, there go my daily chocolate

My diabetologist( have been going to him for many years) assured me that with
A1c's of 5.8-6.8 each time, things were going well. He had little knowledge
of the pump, being from the old school of diabetes management. I found an
excellent Certified Diabetes Educator (very necessary to pump education and
management) who assured me that it would work for me.

My doc consented and did the necessary paperwork to make the pump a reality.
If you're not certain, at least talk to a CDE in your area. Most, if not all,
deal with the pump and take you through the education and finalization of the
pump. You absolutely owe it to yourself to try it. Most insurance companies
will cover at least 80% of the costs, and some even 100%.