[IP] Carbs to Raising Glucose Ratio

>From: email @ redacted
>To: email @ redacted
>Subject: Re: [IP] Dragging Feet
>Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:26:26 EDT
>In a message dated 7/18/01 2:19:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
> > but I was
> > informed of this extremely long process I must go through before going
>on a
> > pump.  (approx. 2 months of intensive blah-blah for the dr.)
>I went to the doctor one day for a checkup and absoulutely  had no thoughts
>of an insulin pump on my mind, although she had been saying to me for years
>that I should get one.
>I left that appt with a card from MiniMed and for some reason just called.
>knew NOTHING about pumps!  I submitted 3 weeks of sugars for insurance
>purposes and answered a few questions.  ONE MONTH later I got the call
>what color I wanted and the next day I had my pumpie.... was too impatient
>wait since I had joined the IP list during that one-month period and hooked
>MYSELF up to saline and called and called and bugged and bugged them to get
>trainer out for the insulin hookup.  I was pumping four days later!!!
>I think it depends on the insurance company and the doctor's procedures,
>education, etc........
>No time is too long to wait for a pump because it's well worth it........so
>get started now and make it sooner than later!!!!!!!
>Good Luck to You!!
Tyring to figure out how many carbs it takes to raise my blood glucose a
certain level... anyone out there know how to calculate this?  For instance,
let's say I eat 50 carbs... how much would my blood sugar go up if my
insulin/cab ration is 1 unit per 10 carbs?  Does this ratio mean that 10
carbs raises my sugar 15 points if my sensativity factor is 15?

Can I figure this, do I need to call my endo, or has this already been
figured out?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks