Re: [IP] Dragging Feet

In a message dated 7/18/01 2:19:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> but I was
> informed of this extremely long process I must go through before going on a
> pump.  (approx. 2 months of intensive blah-blah for the dr.)

I went to the doctor one day for a checkup and absoulutely  had no thoughts
of an insulin pump on my mind, although she had been saying to me for years
that I should get one.
I left that appt with a card from MiniMed and for some reason just called.  I
knew NOTHING about pumps!  I submitted 3 weeks of sugars for insurance
purposes and answered a few questions.  ONE MONTH later I got the call asking
what color I wanted and the next day I had my pumpie.... was too impatient to
wait since I had joined the IP list during that one-month period and hooked
MYSELF up to saline and called and called and bugged and bugged them to get a
trainer out for the insulin hookup.  I was pumping four days later!!!
I think it depends on the insurance company and the doctor's procedures, your
education, etc........
No time is too long to wait for a pump because it's well worth it........so
get started now and make it sooner than later!!!!!!!
Good Luck to You!!