In a message dated 7/18/01 12:49:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> rarely produce any ketones even when my blood sugar reaches very high
> levels
> over 400, but I think that's because I will become immediately aware of the
> high blood sugar.

I think the difference here is I HAD NO INSULIN IN MY SYSTEM.  I know my
sugars can be 500 and like I said last week it would take forever for me to
get ketones.  I guess it was cause I had no insulin that they came so
fast......two different causes, same icky effect.....