[IP] elevated liver enzymes?

I am hoping that someone can help me out!  This past Friday I developed a
fever which continued until last night!  I went to the doctor's on Monday and
had a battery of tests done to figure out why I had a fever, but no other
cold symptoms.  My sugars have been elevated and I am showing trace ketones,
sometimes moderate or large.  Anyway, some results came back today indicating
that my liver enzymes are elevated, and the doctor wants me to go back in on
Friday to get the test done again.  Does anyone know why this might be?
Could it be diabetes-related?  I do not drink alcohol at all (the nurse said
that could be a reason) and I also do not take any OTC pain relievers
(another reason she said).  Does anyone else know why this might be

Kelly -- diabetic 27.5 years, pumping 6.5 years